Resolution: Minimal microstep size is 62.5 nanometers per microstep. Display has single micron resolution.
Maximum Speed: MP-265 mechanical 3mm/sec.
Drift: < 1 micron/hr Drive Mechanism
* Single controller and ROE will run two stepper motor drive manipulators
* Self-detecting, daisy-chain capability allows control of four manipulators from one ROE-200
* User-friendly interface: single button access to all major functions
* New Accelerated Mode for fast, manual manipulator movement
* Easy toggle selection of Mode (speed/resolution, pulsed diagonal, Accelerated Mode)
* Display indicates X, Y, Z coordinates, Mode, active
* Robotic Home and Work Position moves for easy
automated pipette exchange
* Faster robotic moves than previous versions
* Definable 4th axis for coaxial pipette movement, angle selected by
* Simple USB interface
* Toggle switch selects which manipulator is connected to input device
* LED and display indicate active manipulator
* Low-drift mechanical stability
Our new MP-265/M "narrow format" mechanical is designed especially for patch-slice manipulator systems that require more than 2 or 3 pipettes. Coupled with our multi-manipulator controller, MPC-200, users have the ability to easily build up multi-manipulator MPC-365 systems for positioning multiple recording and stimulating pipettes.
The MP265/M mechanical builds on our existing manipulator line in several ways. First, narrow format means more manipulators can be grouped around a recording chamber. A long throw (25 mm) radial X-axis provides an easier approach to and from the optical center. Finally, travel in the Y-axis is shortened (12.5 mm) to economize on width, which is made possible because radially oriented manipulators do not require long travel in this axis.
The MP-265/M manipulator is designed specifically for systems requiring 4 or more manipulators. To this end, we have put together systems with special pricing for 4, 5 and 6 manipulators, and 2 or 3 dual manipulator controllers. We are also unveiling a new linear slide for mounting the MP-265/M mechanical as well as for our other manipulators. With the linear slide gantry (MT-75/LS), the manipulator can be quickly and smoothly moved out to a location where there is easy access to the pipette for replacement.
A single controller capable of running 2 manipulators! Sutter Instrument has taken the simplicity of the MP-225 controller and expanded it to run two manipulators from a single controller/ROE. The MPC-200 works with one or two of our world-renowned mechanicals, the MP-285 (MPC-385) or the MP-225 (MPC-325). The controller is self-detecting so there is no need for manual configuration of the components.
If two manipulators aren't enough, a second controller can be daisy chained to allow the single ROE-200 to move up to four manipulators. Thus the system can be easily expanded to control highly sophisticated experiments.
For full web page, please see http://www.autom8.com/manip-mpc200.html
Download a brochure at http://www.autom8.com/pdfs/micro/AM-Manipulators.pdf