The MX-TS tissue slicer consistently slices sectioned cortical or hippocampal tissue to either a 200, 300, or 400µm thickness in a straightforward operation. Thicknesses are selected by simply replacing the lead screw on the frame winder. This style of tissue slicer ensures consecutive slices of the specifically sectioned area.
The MX-TS tissue slicer comes complete with an instructional video, frame winder, frame accelerator, 4 frames, 100 clamping wires, 1000 feet of 20µm tungsten wire, and 20 Petri dishes.
Summary of Operation
1. Select the thickness of the tissue to be sliced.
2. Wind two sets of slicing frames using the frame winder.
3. Mount the pre-wound slicing frames in the guillotine slicer mechanism.
4. Set tissues on a bed of agarose at the base of the slicer.
5. Release the trigger.
6. Release the frame and return the slicer to its top position.
7. Remove the sample plate and the sliced tissue is floated off in a buffer bath.
• Fast method for slicing tissue
• 200, 300, or 400µm slices
• Minimal tissue damage
For full web page, please see http://www.autom8.com/siskiyou-tissue-slicer.html
Download a brochure at http://www.autom8.com/pdfs/sisikiyou/Siskiyou-Accessories.pdf