The ez-gSEAL 100B pressure controller is designed mainly for automated patch clamping, but it can also be used for many other applications. With the ez-gSEAL pressure controller, patch clamping becomes as easy as a click of a button. You may use it with our ezPATCH 100A smart manipulator, PatchMAX 100A automated patch clamp system, ChannelMAX 100A Mini automated dual clamp system or ChannelMAX 100A Twin automated quad clamp system for fully automated patch clamp experiments, or use it as a stand-alone product on a traditional rig. You may also use the controller for puffing drugs or studying stretch channels. The software-controlled pressure controller comes with pumps so air tanks are not required.
The ez-gSEAL pressure controller makes patch clamping easy. Complicated patch clamp experiments become as simple as a few button clicks. You click the first button to set the positive pressure, the second button to set negative pressure for making seals, and the third button to set the holding pressure. By clicking a single button, you apply pulses to break into the cell.
The ez-gSEAL control software measurement function helps you measure the pressure you use for making seals and breaking in. In addition, many types of cells and tissues, such as HEK293 cells, brain slice and oocytes, have been tested and seal parameters are available for them. New users can usually use these parameters to make seals and break in the first time they try. Please contact AutoMate Scientific for available seal parameters.
With the addition of a DAQ board from National Instruments and our BNC interface box, making seals and breaking in is as simple as one button click.
When it is used with the ezPATCH 100A manipulator, all you need to do is to aim the patch pipette at the cell you want to patch. After you click a button, it will touch the cell and make seal, or even go whole cell automatically.
Compared to traditional methods of making seals, there are many advantages in using the ez-gSEAL pressure controller:
• With the ez-gSEAL pressure controller, you can set a very small holding pressure during experiments so that the seals last a long time.
• Patch clamp experiments become precise and reproducible. When you use a syringe or mouth suction to break into cells, it is usually very difficult to control the pressure. When you use the ez-gSEAL pressure controller, you can define the suction pressure and duration for break-in. The results are consistent and reliable. It is very rare that the membrane reseals after breaking in, but if it happens, you can apply more suction without touching the rig.
• It's easy and stress free. Instead of tensely controlling the pressure yourself, you only need to click a few buttons for making seals and breaking in. This takes away the stress from you so that you can be more productive in a day.
• Training time is shorter. So far, even students with little experience in patch clamping can make seals with our parameters.
• It's easy for trouble-shooting. When the success rate of making seals suddenly becomes low, you will not need to spend endless efforts trying to improve your seal skills, but instead focus on the possible real reasons such as cell conditions, solutions or patch pipettes.
• The skill is good forever. Most patch clampers experienced that after you stop doing experiments for a while, you lose your skills. With the ez-gSEAL, you can easily reach your normal seal success rate as long as you record your seal parameters.
• High success rate. The success rate to make seals and break in is at least as good as traditional methods, if not better.
• The auto-seal algorithm is similar to what is used in the PatchXpress® automated patch-clamp system. PatchXpress users can use it to test their seal parameters under a microscope for easier trouble shooting and lower costs.
Pressure control for stretch channel study
The ez-gSEAL pressure controller can be used for pressure clamping for stretch channel study. The pressure sensitivity is 1.5 mmHg and the pressure range is from -250 mmHg to 250 mmHg. It is good enough for most stretch channels.
Pressure control for drug application
The ez-gSEAL pressure controller can also be used for local drug application. A series of pressure pulses can be given at defined pressures for defined durations.
Pressure range -250 mmHg to 250 mmHg
Pressure resolution +/- 1.5 mmHg
Minimal pulse duration 7 ms
Minimal pulse interval 7 ms
Computer interface USB
Line voltage 110 VAC to 240 VAC
Dimensions 17"x14"x3.5" rack mount or desk top
Weight 10 lbs
32-bit Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Win 7 with 2.0 GHz CPU
1 USB port
For full web page, please see http://www.autom8.com/auto-ez-gseal.html
Download a User's Manual at http://www.autom8.com/pdfs/automatedpatch/Manual-NeoBiosystems-FAQ.pdf
Download a brochure at http://www.autom8.com/pdfs/automatedpatch/ChannelMAX-100A-Mini-Twin.pdf