* One-way solution switching in less than 100 µsec; Two-way solution pulses in less than 1 msec
* Smooth, stable and accurate linear motion using solid-state PZT actuators integrated with monolithic flexure stages
* Simple electronic integration with Axon pClamp or other patch clamp hardware & software
* Integrated manual stages & adjustments for easy coarse alignment
* Up to 20 times faster than stepper motor systems
* Overcomes problems of desensitization with slower systems
Burleigh's Piezoelectric Ultrafast Solution Switching Systems can change the chemical environment of a whole cell or excised patch with sub-millisecond time resolution. These systems are complete, practical and easy-to-implement approaches for rapidly moving a theta tube and its exiting solution stream. Now you can uncover the actual kinetics of ion channels, reconstruct the naturally occurring conditions at the synapse of a neuron and eliminate the problem of desensitization resulting from longer time exposures to a drug in pharmacological studies.
LSS-3000 Series Ultrafast Solution Switching System
This system consists of components with the following modules:
* PZS-100HS & PS-200 Microstages
These are PZT actuated flexure stages that generate straight vibration-free motion in a small robust package.
* LS-10 Mounting System and CP-300 Manual Stage Assembly
These combine to provide a very stable yet flexible universal mounting system for integration with virtually any microscope.
* The PZ-150M Amplifier/Driver
This is an analog high voltage power supply with sufficient power & frequency response to drive the PZS MicroStages at maximum speed.
* PCS-500 Series Microscope Mounts
A number of optional microscope mounts are available to mount these systems to a variety of commercial microscopes.
For full web page, please see http://www.autom8.com/sub-mill-switching.html
Download a brochure at http://www.autom8.com/pdf/LSS-3000_AM.pdf